BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Monday, June 15, 2009

Rain

Well the weekend went by fast. It was a pretty good one at that. Worked all weekend, but I enjoy it for the most part. I'm off today and tomorrow. It's been raining here though, so don't really feel like getting out. Exspecially not going to take Bella out except to potty. Don't want her to get all muddy. I was going to give her a bath, but that would be pointless. You, see because we don't have a tub, we have 2 walk-in showers. So when I give her a bath I go down to my granny's to give her one. She lives down the yard from me. So she'd have to walk through the wet and muddy yard. So by the time we got back home she would be dirty again. Maybe tomorrow I guess. She doesn't really need a bath as far as cleanliness goes. But she has allergies bad and she scratches her paws with her teeth. Well that will cause a yeast infection, where they stay damp from scratching. So I wash her with an antibacterial shampoo.

Her allergies are another story all together. I took her to the vet a couple of months ago because I noticed that she had little bumps along her legs. We go to the vet at Banfield. For the most part I like it there. Because they have a plan for dogs. You pay about 18 dollars a month and you don't have to pay for your dog's shots or office visits when you go. Well this didn't save me any this time. Another bad thing about Banfield though is that where they have so many vets on staff you see a different one each time. So, anyway, I took her and the vet thought it might be mites. So she did a skin scraping and it was negative, but she still wanted to treat it for mites. So I had to buy Revolution, which is a flea and heart worm preventative which also prevents and kills mites. Then I had to buy antibiotics, and special shampoo. Well after a month, nothing, didn't do anything. So went back a couple of weeks ago and the vet I saw this time thought it was her allergies. Which I agree. One because she's older than the first vet, so she obviously has more experience and two I liked her. She was like we can run test and try to figure out what she's allergic to. We ruled out her food, hadn't changed anything inside. So it's got to be something outside in the air or something. And the test will be expensive or we can give her an antihistamine shot and some antibiotics and benydryl. So I chose the latter option. I would love to know what it is she's allergic to but right now can't afford all the tests. Don't get me wrong I love my dog. You have no idea. She's like a kid to me. But can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars on tests for allergies that will be gone in a couple of months anyway.

Bella, let me tell you a little about her. My sister Molly and I got her from the JC animal shelter when she was 6 weeks old. It was love at first site. She's incredibly spoiled now. But anyway, the pound said she was a pitbull/chow/lab mix. Well she's brindle so she's definitely has some pit in her. The chow I don't think so. Lab maybe. I'm thinking bull terrier and lab. But anyway she's the most spoiled dog. She takes a while to warm up to you but once she does, she's your best friend. The only problem there is that she doesn't like anyone but her family. I mean she's okay with you as long as you don't mess with her. Like out in public she's shy so I usually don't let strangers pet her. Because she is very protective. Inside the house she doesn't like anyone being in her house other than us. My sister's boyfriend has been coming up to the house for months and she tolerates him but you can tell she doesn't like him being here. So Bella is a little aggresive. She's never been aggressive to us though. Except for when me and my sisters fight on occasion and she gets not really aggressive but she thinks we're hurting each other and she snaps at us to make us stop. Whenever anyone comes into the house that's scared of her though, it makes it worse. If you just ignore her barking she's fine.

0 comments: